Primary Mathematics Textbook 1B
- Chapter openers: get pupils ready to learn the mathematical concepts to be taught by making links to real-world scenarios. Pupils can share their prior knowledge based on their own experiences.
- Student learning space: link to SLS activities that reinforce and support the learning of mathematical concepts and skills
- Learning task: engage pupils in developing concepts and skills
- Let’s try! : provide practice on the concepts and skills learnt
- Practice book links: link concepts or sills learnt to activities in the practice book
- Mathematics around us: provide opportunities for pupils to see how mathematical concepts come alive in the real world.
- Thinking aloud: encourage pupils to reason, think creatively and critically, and verbalise their thinking during pair or group discussions
- What I have learnt: provide a summary of concepts and skills covered in each chapters
- Buddies: the buddies learn mathematics together with the pupils and pose thinking questions to help pupils develop a deeper understanding of concepts
- Addition and Subtraction Within 100
Addition Without Renaming, Addition With Renaming, Addition of Three Numbers, Subtraction Without Renaming, Subtraction With Renaming, Word Problems, Mathematics Around Us, Thinking Aloud, What Have I Learnt?
Measuring Length in Centimetres, Comparing and Ordering Length, Curves and Straight Lines, Mathematics Around Us, Thinking Aloud, What Have I Learnt?
Getting Ready to Multiply, Adding Equal Groups, Multiplication Stories, Solving Multiplication Word Problems, Mathematics Around Us, Thinking Aloud, What Have I Learnt?
Equal Sharing, Equal Grouping, Division Stories, Solving Division Word Problems, Mathematics Around Us, Thinking Aloud, What Have I Learnt?
Telling Time to 5 Minutes, Telling Time Using am and pm, Duration of One Hour and Half an Hour, Mathematics Around Us, Thinking Aloud, What Have I Learnt?
Counting Coins and Notes, Exchanging Money, Comparing Amounts of Money, Adding and Subtracting Money, Mathematics Around Us, Thinking Aloud, What Have I Learnt?
Complete series contain:
- Textbooks (A/B)
- Practice Books (A/B)